Interest free payment plans available
6 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this course suitable for me?
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership develops your personal management capabilities and equips you with skills in decision-making, operations and managing people.
Designed for mid-level managers looking to move into a senior management role, the CMI Level 5 Certificate allows you to choose from a diverse range of units, so you can tailor the course to your needs. We will work closely with you to ensure the units you choose aligns with your career goals, interests and abilities. CMI is the only chartered professional body in the management and leadership field, so you can rest assured that this CMI management course is a worthy investment for your career.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 130 hours, the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership is a thorough and thought-provoking distance learning course that can see you achieve salary uplift, new career opportunities and invaluable knowledge.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
The CMI Level 5 Certificate offers a comprehensive range of units, so you can tailor your leadership training to your current job specification and career goals. Learners must complete any combination of units to a minimum of 121 TUT hours to achieve this qualification. There is a barred combination of units – learners taking 502 cannot select 503, 505 or 511, and learners taking 526 cannot select 501 or 502.
- 501 – Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context (TUT – 62)
- 502 – Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success (TUT – 60)
- 503 – Principles of Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success (TUT – 50)
- 504 – Managing Performance (TUT – 50)
- 505 – Forming Successful Teams (TUT – 38)
- 506 – Managing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (TUT – 41)
- 507 – Principles of Delivering Coaching and Mentoring (TUT – 48)
- 508 – Principles of Developing a Skilled and Talented Workforce (TUT – 40)
- 509 – Managing Stakeholder Relationships (TUT – 40)
- 510 – Managing Conflict (TUT – 41)
- 511 – Principles of Recruiting, Selecting and Retaining Talent (TUT – 46)
- 512 – Workforce Planning (TUT – 38)
- 513 – Managing Projects to Achieve Results (TUT – 51)
- 514 – Managing Change (TUT – 43)
- 515 – Creating and Delivering Operational Plans (TUT – 52)
- 516 – Planning, Procuring and Managing Resources (TUT – 55)
- 517 – Principles of Innovation (TUT – 46)
- 518 – Managing Risk (TUT – 53)
- 519 – Managing Quality and Continuous Improvement (TUT – 56)
- 520 – Managing Finance (TUT – 56)
- 521 – Using Data and Information for Decision Making (TUT – 50)
- 522 – Managing the Customer Experience (TUT – 49)
- 523 – Principles of Marketing Products and Services (TUT – 55)
- 524 – Conducting a Management Project (TUT – 96)
- 525 – Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development (TUT – 44)
- 526 – Principles of Leadership Practice (TUT – 78)
For further information on the topics covered within each unit, please Download the course brochure or get in touch with a member of the course advisory team.
Frequently Asked Questions
With so many providers of Professional management training, choosing the right course can be a difficult decision. CMI and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) are both fantastic Institutes to study with, and students are often unsure which option is the best for them.
CMI specialise in General Management courses, designed to help improve your skills as a manager and improve or boost team performance. Students can tailor their CMI studies to meet their own training needs to ensure you get the most out of your studies.
Our highly trained course advisors are on hand to help you chose the right institute and course for your professional development aims.
CMI Qualifications are assessed by assignments. For each unit of study, students are required to produce an assignment that demonstrates their understanding of the unit topic. Assignments are marked by one of our Expert Tutors and you will receive detailed feedback on the work you have submitted.
There are no exams to be taken and assignments can be submitted as and when you have completed each unit making studying CMI with DLC Training a fantastic flexible learning option.
For many Management Professionals, being awarded Chartered status is the pinnacle of their Management career. We are often asked how to achieve Chartered Manager status. Firstly CMI are the only Professional body able to award Chartered Manager status. The quickest and most cost effective route to becoming Chartered is to study a CMI Qualification. Upon completion of a level 5 or level 7 CMI Qualification, students can apply for their status. Pairing your CMI Qualification with your Management experience is a great way to demonstrate your contribution to effective leadership. CMI will review your application before awarding you with ‘Chartered’ status. Our Expert Course advisors can provide you with expert guidance to help you decide the best way to study and earn the Chartered Manager status.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE