Is this course suitable for me?
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is designed for strategic managers aspiring to develop their skills. A Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
Covering a range of topics, including financial management and planning, strategic project management and risk management strategies, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership is ideal for individuals with responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance. If you’d like to build your confidence and ability as a leader, or if you’re seeking to certify your existing skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units to tailor the Level 7 Diploma to your interests or professional needs.
With a study period of 18 months and a total qualification time of 390 hours, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership distance learning course is a comprehensive and detailed study route to becoming a successful senior manager.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 7 Diploma, learners are required complete a combination to a minimum of 370 TQT hours to achieve this qualification. Learners must achieve a minimum of 300 TQT hours from Group A only and 70 TQT hours from either Group A or B. The minimum guided learning hours is 106.
- Strategic Leadership (36 GLH / 110 TUT)
- Leading and Developing People to Optimise Performance (34 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Collaboration and Partnerships (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Developing Organisational Strategy (30 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Leading Strategic Change (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Finance for Strategic Leaders (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Organisational Design and Development (26 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Risk Management (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Management of Data and Information (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Marketing Strategy (30 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Entrepreneurial Practice (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Management Project (24 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Applied Research for Strategic Leaders (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Personal and Professional Development for Strategic Leaders (24 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Equality Diversity and Inclusion (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Mental Health and Wellbeing (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles of Contracting and Procurement (21 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Leading Quality Management (25 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Policy Development (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Coaching Skills for Leaders (15 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Ethical Decision Making (18 GLH / 60 TUT)
Students can choose any combination of units from Group A and Group B.