Is this course suitable for me?
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills, while focusing on the specific management areas relevant to you and your workplace.
Designed for practising senior managers who have responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance, the CMI Level 7 Certificate requires you to evaluate the implementation of your organisational strategy. If you’d like to build your confidence and ability as a leader, or if you’re seeking to certify your existing skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units to tailor the CMI Level 7 certificate to you. You can choose to study topics such as financial management and planning, strategic project management and developing risk management strategies.
With a study period of 18 months and a total qualification time of 130 hours, the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership is a concise yet rewarding route to becoming a successful senior manager.
Learners are required to complete any combination of units to a minimum of 140 TQT hours to achieve this qualification, the recommendation is for learners to complete a minimum of two units from 701 – 716, Group A only. The minimum guided hours is 36.
- Strategic Leadership (36 GLH / 110 TUT)
- Leading and Developing People to Optimise Performance (34 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Collaboration and Partnerships (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Developing Organisational Strategy (30 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Leading Strategic Change (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Finance for Strategic Leaders (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Organisational Design and Development (26 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Risk Management (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Management of Data and Information (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Marketing Strategy (30 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Entrepreneurial Practice (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Management Project (24 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Applied Research for Strategic Leaders (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Personal and Professional Development for Strategic Leaders (24 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Equality Diversity and Inclusion (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Mental Health and Wellbeing (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles of Contracting and Procurement (21 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Leading Quality Management (25 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Policy Development (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Coaching Skills for Leaders (15 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Ethical Decision Making (18 GLH / 60 TUT)
Students can choose any combination of units from Group A and Group B.