Is this course suitable for me?
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership is an in-depth, comprehensive qualification that will equip you with a greater understanding of strategic leadership by covering a broad framework of units.
Designed for practising senior managers with a wide range of responsibilities, such as converting organisational strategy into effective performance, the CMI Level 7 Award provides guidance on the different areas of strategic management. If you’d like to build your leadership skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units and tailor this Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management to your current level of experience, professional goals and interests.
CMI is the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, so when you study the CMI Level 7 Award, you can rest assured that this qualification will prove a valuable and rewarding investment.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 60 hours, the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership is a concise yet practical route to becoming a successful senior manager.
Learners are required to complete at least 1 unit to a minimum of 70 TQT hours to achieve this qualification, selected from units 701 – 716, Group A only. The minimum guided learning hours is 18:
- Strategic Leadership (36 GLH / 110 TUT)
- Leading and Developing People to Optimise Performance (34 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Collaboration and Partnerships (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Developing Organisational Strategy (30 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Leading Strategic Change (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Finance for Strategic Leaders (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Organisational Design and Development (26 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Risk Management (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Management of Data and Information (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Marketing Strategy (30 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Entrepreneurial Practice (32 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Management Project (24 GLH / 100 TUT)
- Applied Research for Strategic Leaders (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Personal and Professional Development for Strategic Leaders (24 GLH / 90 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Equality Diversity and Inclusion (24 GLH / 80 TUT)
- Strategic Approaches to Mental Health and Wellbeing (18 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles of Contracting and Procurement (21 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Leading Quality Management (25 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Policy Development (20 GLH / 60 TUT)
- Coaching Skills for Leaders (15 GLH / 70 TUT)
- Principles and Practices of Ethical Decision Making (18 GLH / 60 TUT)
Students can choose any combination of units from Group A and Group B.