Flexible Study Options
6 months of unbeatable support
98% Pass Rate
Is this course suitable for me?
If you are a practising team leader hoping to advance in your management career, the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management will help you to develop a range of key management skills. This ILM accreditation covers key skills such as how to organise and delegate, as well as how to manage relationships and lead during times of organisational pressure.
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) is an internationally recognised awarding body that accredits qualifications which are widely recognised and sought after by employers across the world. The ILM Level 3 Award course can be custom-built to suit your career goals, with a wide range of units to choose from. The flexibility of this ILM course allows you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful manager.
With a study period of 6 months and a recommendation of 40 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is a short course that’s ideal for those just starting out or with minimal experience in the leadership field.
Unrivalled support package available
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, constructive Tutor feedback
Fully accredited professional qualifications
The ILM Level 3 course covers a range of key management skills, and is designed to support practising team leaders aiming to take their career to the next level. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, you will need to complete a minimum of 4 credits.
To earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Understanding Costs and Budget in an Organisation (1 Credit)
- Understanding Workplace Information Systems (1 Credit)
- Understanding Marketing for Managers (1 Credit)
- Writing for Business (1 Credit)
- Understanding How to Establish an Effective Team (1 Credit)
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace (2 Credit)
- Understanding How to Motivate and Improve Performance (2 Credits)
- Developing Yourself and Others (2 Credits)
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions (2 Credits)
- Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation (2 Credits)
- Planning Change in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Planning and Allocating Work (2 Credits)
- Contributing to Innovation and Creativity in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding Leadership (2 Credits)
- Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Managing Workplace Projects (2 Credits)
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisation and its Context (2 Credits)
- Understanding Performance Management (2 Credits)
- Giving Briefings and Making Presentations (2 Credits)
- Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding How to Lead Effective Meetings (2 Credits)
- Understanding How to Manage the Efficient Use of Materials and Equipment (2 Credits)
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace (1 Credit)
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland
Frequently Asked Questions
With so many providers of Professional management training, choosing the right course can be a difficult decision. ILM and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) are both fantastic Institutes to study with, and students are often unsure which option is the best for them.
ILM studies are very popular with individuals working in the public sector, as many units of study look at the responsibilities of a manger. With the ability to tailor your studies to meet your requirements, ILM students can chose to focus on Management Processes, People Management or Specialised area’s such as Sales or Operations Management.
ILM courses are broke down in to smaller units in comparison to CMI courses. This means studying with ILM is the perfect way to learn about more areas of practical leadership and management.
Don’t forget – Our highly trained course advisors are on hand to help you chose the right institute and course for your professional development aims.
Studying an ILM course with DLC is a fantastic way to achieve a professional qualification without the worry and hassle many individuals associate with exams.
ILM students are assessed through assignments. For each unit of study you will need to submit an assignment to your Management expert Tutor. Your work is marked and you are provided with detailed feedback on your work submission.
You can submit your assignments as and when you have completed each unit of study making studying an ILM Qualification with DLC an excellent way to achieve a Professional recognised Qualification around your other commitments.
ILM are part of the City & Guild family. Upon completion of your ILM Qualification, you will receive a Certificate of Professional Achievement awarded by City & Guilds, accompanied by an official ILM document detailing your success and listing which units of study you selected. This means you can study safe in the knowledge that you are working towards achieving a globally recognised qualification.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE