Is this course suitable for me?
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills focuses on communication, working with people, providing direction and getting results. Whatever your sector or management style, ILM Level 2 is a valuable accreditation to achieve.
Designed for those who want to build upon their existing management skills, the ILM Level 2 Certificate course can enhance your ability to improve teams and motivate staff, whilst developing your confidence as a leader. With units that offer practical and transferable skills, this leadership and management course will boost your confidence, certify your skills and equip you with the knowledge to take your career to the next level.
With a study period of 12 months and a recommendation of 130 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is designed to develop your management capabilities and vastly improve your career prospects.
The ILM Level 2 course covers a wide range of topics, to help you certify your skills and establish your position as a leader. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills, you will need to complete a minimum of 13 credits.
In order to earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader (1 Credit)
- Improving Performance of the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Developing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Communicating With People Outside the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Managing Yourself (1 Credit)
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment (1 Credit)
- Workplace Communication (1 Credit)
- Understanding Effective Team Working (1 Credit)
- Providing Quality to Customers (1 Credit)
- Diversity in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Briefing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Satisfying Customer Requirements (1 Credit)
- Working with Customers Legally (1 Credit)
- Workplace Records and Information Systems (1 Credit)
- Gathering, Interpreting and Utilising Data in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Using Information to Solve Problems (1 Credit)
- Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Meeting Customer Needs (2 Credits)
- Business Improvement Techniques (2 Credits)
- Leading Your Work Team (2 Credits)
- Planning and Monitoring Work (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Change in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Induction and Coaching in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Enterprise Awareness (3 Credits)
If you’re interested in finding out more about the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland