Interest free payment plans available
24 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this course suitable for me?
IoSCM works to promote exceptionally high standards through the delivery of quality, industry-focused courses across the wider supply chain, making management qualifications from the Institute a highly sought after accreditation. Employers and business, internationally, recognise the realistic and transferable skills gained from achieving an IoSCM qualification.
The IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership was designed to develop middle managers in industrial sectors. You’ll study mandatory, management-focused units through which you’ll gain an understanding of the correlation between operations management and strategic planning as well as how operations improvement techniques could enhance competitive advantage in business and understand the key challenges for an organisation.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring manager in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs and become a successful leader.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offers every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit and three optional units.
If you’d like to complete additional units, you can do so by choosing the Extended Diploma level.
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of strategic development in business
- Understand the importance of building and maintaining collaborative business relationships
- Understand how effective and efficient human resource management contributes to the achievement of organisational goals
- Understand the management of finance in business
- Understand how own country’s current legislation impacts on business
Operations Management Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role of operations and operations management within business
- Understand the design of operations processes as well as the design of the products and services that organisations produce
- Understand the correlation between operations management and strategic planning
- Understand how operations improvement techniques could enhance competitive advantage in business
- Understand what is meant by a Management Information System
- Understand the role of a management information system within business
- Understand the relationship between management information systems and business strategy
- Understand how management information systems can drive change within an organisation
Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles of leadership and management
- Understand how management decision making is informed by knowledge and information
- Understand the significance of managing and implementing change in organisations
- Understand the management role in establishing risk management process
Finance Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to gather and analyse costing information from various sources
- Understand how to use standard costing to analyse performance
- Use appropriate techniques to measure performance and manage costs
- Understand how to improve financial performance by monitoring and analysing information
Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of managing customer relationships
- Understand how to generate a customer focused culture and seamless service
- Understand how to assess, monitor and improve levels of customer satisfaction
Human Resource Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the meaning and importance of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Understand the meaning and the role of Human Resource Planning (HRP) in organisations
- Understand the meaning of Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Understand the recruitment and selection process
Warehousing – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the need and role of developing an appropriate warehouse policy
- Understand the resource requirements of warehousing
- Understand the basic concept of inventory and develop an inventory strategy
- Understand the relevant legislation applicable to a warehouse
Transport Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the nature and purpose of transport planning
- Understand how historical developments and more recent trends in land use affect transport planning
- Understand how the principles of sustainability are applied to transport planning
- Understand the current trends and causes for transport demand
Supply Chain Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how a supply chain can gain competitive advantage from efficient management and control
- Understand the impact of physical and information flows on the integration and harmonisation within a supply chain
- Understand why supply chains may not always function correctly
- Understand how supply chain planning is achieved from a strategic and operational perspective
Quality Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to evaluate the range of quality management systems appropriate for use in business
- Understand the advantages of an organisation having a quality management system in place
- Understand the tools and techniques used to manage quality
- Understand how to employ quality management tools and techniques to improve organisational performance
Purchasing Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the key roles and focus of management within purchasing
- Understand the impact of legislation upon the purchasing function
- Understand the importance of building and sustaining collaborative working relationships with suppliers
- Understand how effective negotiation skills contribute to successful purchasing management
Production Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the components of production planning and evaluate its function within a supply chain
- Understand the inter-relationships between production planning, sales planning and forecasting
- Understand the terminology associated with Master Scheduling and basic scheduling concepts
- Understand how manufacturing and control systems have developed historically
Ports and Shipping Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of shipping and international trade
- Understand how business strategy in shipping contributes to growth
- Understand port operations and effective container terminal management
- Understand the concept of agile ports and the key characteristic
Movement of Goods – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles and practices in relation to the movement of goods
- Understand how the characteristics of goods impact on their handling
- Understand the considerations that influence the flow of goods
Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles behind logistics requirements of a supply chain
- Understand how to schedule logistics operations to meet customers’ needs
- Understand how to optimise the use of logistics operations
- Understand the range of transport modes and their usage within logistics operations
Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose of inventory management
- Understand the principles of the traditional fixed period and fixed quantity models of inventory control
- Understand the impact of inventory management on the supply chain
- Understand how modern inventory systems can improve the performance of stock systems
Frequently Asked Questions
IoSCM recognise that many individuals do not do well in an exam environment, that’s why they have created the most flexible distance learning courses on the market. Students can chose to study and prepare assignments, use their professional experiences, submit approved prior learning or chose a combination of methods to achieve their Professional IoSCM Qualification without worrying about taking exams to complete the course.
As the leading provider of supply chain qualifications, IoSCM provide units of study covering all aspects of supply chain management. Recognising the need for Professional training in every sector of the Supply Chain, IoSCM have been designed to enable students to tailor their areas of study to support their individual development needs. Our expert Course Advisors are here to help you chose which IoSCM course is right for you and to assist you with selecting the perfect units of study to support your development goals.
Post nominals are a great way to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in your chosen field of study, IoSCM students can begin to use their Professional student post nominals when they commence their training. Upon completion of your course, you can choose to upgrade your post nominals to reflect your professional standing and achievements.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE