Interest free payment plans available
6 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this course suitable for me?
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offers every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional.
The IoSCM Level 6 Award in Management and Leadership was designed to develop seniors managers across the wider supply chain. Whether you’re a senior leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, IoSCM management qualifications allow you to fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs.
With the IoSCM Level 6 Award, you will study mandatory, management-focused units that will include discussion on the decision making process and how utilising appropriate information can inform a decisions. You’ll also cover change management and how it can be implemented within an organisation through a managed process.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units that will provide you with realistic, industry-specific knowledge and skills that ensures your Level 6 IoSCM management qualification is entirely tailored to you and the sector you’re working in.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 6 Award in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit.
If you’d like to complete additional optional units, you can do so by choosing the Certificate or Diploma level.
Management and Leadership – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of management activities
- Understand how leadership and management techniques impact organisational performance
- Understand risk management and how it impacts organisations
- Understand the main factors impacting time management
- Identify organisational cultures
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Evaluate an organisations ability to operate within its internal and external environment
- Understand how an organisation operates a marketing system
- Understand and interpret information contained within financial documentation
- Analyse the processes involved in change management
Cash Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Use statistical analysis of financial information to prepare forecasts of cash income and outgoings
- Prepare cash flow budgets and assess cash flows within the business
- Evaluate the principles of cash management focusing on legal rules and regulations and government policies
- Evaluate the different ways that a business can raise finance and the basic rules associated with each
Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the strategic role of inventories in their support of business objectives
- Understand the significance of inventory cost on business performance
- Analyse how an organisation identifies and manages order levels
- Understand ways inventory control may be accomplished within an organisation
Human Resource Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the responsibilities of HRM
- Evaluate how HRM can develop processes and practices to aid business
- Analyse how HRM can aid performance management
- Understand the need and methods available to manage employment relationships
- Understand the need for effective reward management
Operations Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of managing operations and people
- Understand what is meant by operational strategy
- Analyse the processes involved in managing people and change in the work place
- Understand methods of managing capacity
Production Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Examine production in relation to the functions of a business
- Understand the requirement of product design and production strategy
- Understand the requirements of location, layout and productivity of manufacturing
- Analyse the requirements for effective forecasting, planning and scheduling of production
- Understand the objectives of purchasing and inventory management
Supply Chain Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand what makes an effective supply chain
- Assess how a supply chain may meet the strategic objectives of an organisation
- Evaluate the value of 3PL and 4PL to the supply chain
- Analyse the causes of supply chain failures and how processes may be improved
- Understand the developments in information technology and their impact on the supply chain
Finance Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand and interpret information contained within balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flow
- Analyse the cost vs value of developing a project
- Understand the need for financial analysis and how it impacts short and long term business plans
- Evaluate the benefits of mergers and acquisitions in business
International Freight Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the strategic importance of creating an effective international supply chain
- Understand the value of operating a multi-modal freight movement operation
- Analyse the legislative requirements of the international movement of freight
- Understand the alternatives to moving a company’s own and international freight
Logistics Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the key strategic requirements of logistics management
- Understand the physical requirements of setting up a logistic operation
- Evaluate the benefits of the utilisation of different transport modes
- Understand methods of rationalising logistic operations
- Understand the risks associated with logistic operations
Ports and Shipping Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of shipping within the context of globalisation
- Evaluate the value of operating and agile ports
- Analyse the resource requirements of a port operation
- Evaluate the benefits of a containerised shipping operation
Purchasing Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purchasing environment and how to scan it to fulfil organisational requirements
- Understand how an organisation may determine an appropriate purchasing strategy
- Understand the importance of IT in the purchasing process
- Evaluate the requirements of supplier assessment and performance rating
- Analyse the requirement to provide support tools for the purchasing process
Warehouse Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the ability of a warehouse to fulfil the requirements of business
- Evaluate the benefits of warehouse layout to fulfil specific business needs
- Analyse the important considerations of deciding warehouse location in respect of fulfilling customer needs
- Understand the benefits of employing the services of 3rd party distributors
Quality Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Analyse the characteristics of quality
- Understand how to implement a quality management system
- Understand how a total quality management system may be applied to an organisation
- Understand how the application of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model can aid a business
Transport Management Planning – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand need for transport planning as a requirement of economic development
- Identify the requirements of transport within a supply chain infrastructure
- Analyse methods of trip distribution modelling
- Evaluate the benefits of an effective transport policy
Frequently Asked Questions
IoSCM recognise that many individuals do not do well in an exam environment, that’s why they have created the most flexible distance learning courses on the market. Students can chose to study and prepare assignments, use their professional experiences, submit approved prior learning or chose a combination of methods to achieve their Professional IoSCM Qualification without worrying about taking exams to complete the course.
As the leading provider of supply chain qualifications, IoSCM provide units of study covering all aspects of supply chain management. Recognising the need for Professional training in every sector of the Supply Chain, IoSCM have been designed to enable students to tailor their areas of study to support their individual development needs. Our expert Course Advisors are here to help you chose which IoSCM course is right for you and to assist you with selecting the perfect units of study to support your development goals.
Post nominals are a great way to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in your chosen field of study, IoSCM students can begin to use their Professional student post nominals when they commence their training. Upon completion of your course, you can choose to upgrade your post nominals to reflect your professional standing and achievements.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE