Interest free payment plans available
18 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this course suitable for me?
The IoSCM Level 2 Certificate in Management and Leadership is an entry level qualification aimed to give new team leaders, or those aspiring to become a team leader, a solid foundation of knowledge for leading a team in their chosen sector.
IoSCM management qualifications are developed for the wider supply chain, allowing you to customise your distance learning course to your professional needs. With the IoSCM Level 2 Certificate, you will study one mandatory, management-focused unit that will introduce you to the fundamentals of management and the skills required in order to be an effective teamleader.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can tailor your Level 2 Certificate in Management and Leadership to suit each sector, gaining relevant and transferable management skills applicable to you and your organisation.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offer every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 2 Certificate in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit and two optional units, providing you with broad and concise introduction to management.
If you’d like to complete additional units, you can do so by choosing the Diploma level.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a team leader
- Understand the authority limit and accountability of a team leader
- Understand how a team leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
- Understand the importance of effective communication with a team
Introduction to Supply Chain – 10 Unit Credits Values
- Understand supply chains across a range of sectors
- Understand the roles of other organisations in supply chains
- Understand the communication and information sources within a supply chain
Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose and characteristics of inventory
- Understand how goods are received in a warehouse
- Understand key warehousing activities
- Understand health and safety arrangements in a warehouse environment
Introduction to Purchasing – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the features of the procurement and purchasing function
- Understand the stages of the purchasing process
- Understand the concept of supply market information
- Understand the requirements and processes of monitoring supplier performance
- Understand the importance of a contract in purchasing relevant to own country
Introduction to Movement of Goods – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how characteristics of goods impact on their handling process
- Understand the concepts of route planning and scheduling for the movement of goods
- Understand the characteristics of modes of transportation
- Understand the role of collection, storage and distribution
Introduction to Manufacturing Planning and Control – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the manufacturing Process
- Understand the role of assembly in manufacturing
- Understand the process of engaging external organisations to participate in the manufacturing process
- Understand the importance of production planning
- Understand manufacturing improvement techniques
Introduction to Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the function of logistics
- Understand the logistics activities used by organisations
- Understand effective contribution to a business in the logistics sector
Introduction to International Trade and Freight – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand Trade and Freight
- Understand how to identify the goods to be traded
- Understand how to obtain the information on goods being traded
- Understand how to identify, select and recommend suitable modes of transporting goods
- Understand how to identify instructions for goods to be transported
Introduction to Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose and functions of a range of business organisations
- Understand the importance of communication skills in a business environment
- Understand the scale and scope of quality management systems
- Understand customer satisfaction
- Understand how to utilise and manage resources safely
Introduction to Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles of customer service
- Understand how to meet the needs of a diverse range of customer types
- Understand the organisation’s policies and procedures for developing and maintaining effective relationships with customers
- Understand the importance of evaluating levels of customer service
Frequently Asked Questions
IoSCM recognise that many individuals do not do well in an exam environment, that’s why they have created the most flexible distance learning courses on the market. Students can chose to study and prepare assignments, use their professional experiences, submit approved prior learning or chose a combination of methods to achieve their Professional IoSCM Qualification without worrying about taking exams to complete the course.
As the leading provider of supply chain qualifications, IoSCM provide units of study covering all aspects of supply chain management. Recognising the need for Professional training in every sector of the Supply Chain, IoSCM have been designed to enable students to tailor their areas of study to support their individual development needs. Our expert Course Advisors are here to help you chose which IoSCM course is right for you and to assist you with selecting the perfect units of study to support your development goals.
Post nominals are a great way to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in your chosen field of study, IoSCM students can begin to use their Professional student post nominals when they commence their training. Upon completion of your course, you can choose to upgrade your post nominals to reflect your professional standing and achievements.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE