Interest free payment plans available
18 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this course suitable for me?
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offer every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional. Setting the standard for the wider supply chain, the Level 3 Certificate in Management and Leadership is a highly sought after qualification.
The IoSCM Level 3 Certificate in Management and Leadership is designed for team leaders and supervisors who have experience but perhaps no formal qualifications as evidence for their skills and capabilities. It’s also suited to those looking to move up to the next level of management within their organisation.
Developed for a range of industries, IoSCM management qualifications allow you to fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs. With the IoSCM Level 3 Certificate, you will study mandatory, management-focused units through which you’ll understand a range of business structures and key business functions as well as the importance of planning, communication and human resource principles within an organisation.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can tailor your Level 3 Certificate in Management and Leadership to suit each sector, gaining relevant and transferable management skills applicable to you and your organisation.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 3 Certificate in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit and two optional units.
If you’d like to complete additional units, you can do so by choosing the Diploma level.
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand a range of business structures and key business functions
- Understand the legislative issues impacting on organisations
- Understand how to carry out and review health and safety risk assessments
- Understand different types of business communication
- Understand the importance of business planning
- Understand the part human resources plays in a business
Business Improvement Techniques – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the need and application of business improvement within organisations
- Understand the need for training plans in order to identify workplace requirements for improvement
- Understand how to identify the resource requirements, timescales, roles and responsibilities and how to evaluate improvement activities
- Understand the importance of communicating business improvement plans to stakeholders
Leadership – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the attributes and skills of a leader
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand how to develop personal skills to be an effective leader
- Understand the key features of the theories of motivation in a team
- Understand most common challenges that team leaders face
Improving Team Performance – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand theory associated with teams and team development
- Understand how to identify ways to develop teams
- Understand how to lead a team building activity
- Understand how to identify and deal with the barriers to team effectiveness
Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to identify both internal and external customers
- Understand how to analyse the concept of ‘Moments of Truth’ in relation to the service cycle
- Understand how to enhance the customer service experience
- Understand the importance of having policies and procedures to deal with customer complaints
HR Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the part that human resources plays in a business
- Understand the role of human resources in the recruitment process
- Understand employee performance management
Warehousing Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles and operations of warehouses
- Understand how to identify the factors that affect the safe operations of a warehouse
- Understand the financial and logistics aspects concerned in warehousing
- Understand how to produce a plan for the receipt and storage of goods
Transport Planning Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role transport plays
- Understand transport policy in relation to current legislation provided within own country
- Understand the use of standardised transport equipment used in logistics
- Understand the links between transport planning and external influences
- Understand how the needs and demand for movement of goods are measured
Supply Chain Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the concept of a supply chain
- Understand the importance of supply chain management
- Understand how to identify risks encountered within a supply chain
- Understand the concept of lean within a supply chain
Purchasing Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to put purchasing into context
- Understand how external factors impact the purchasing process
- Understand operational requirements of the purchasing function
- Understand how to source suppliers
Ports and Shipping – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of different types of ports
- Understand the role of shipping on an international scale
- Understand the main aspects of port development
- Understand the importance of port infrastructure and equipment requirements
Manufacturing and Production – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how manufacturing and production processes are organised
- Understand the techniques used to plan production
- Understand how a business monitors the quality and efficiency of activities in production
- Understand how technology developments impact on production
- Understand how external factors impact on production activities
Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of logistics
- Understand how to identify the factors that influence logistics
- Understand the importance of appropriate requirements for the development, monitoring and control of logistics protocols
Inventory Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand inventory and the associated process
- Understand stock and the associated processes
- Understand the financial value of holding inventory
- Understand inventory systems
- Understand how modern inventory systems can improve the control of stock
Freight – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role of freight within the supply chain
- Understand how freight operation planning varies for different modes of transport
- Understand how freight operations are regulated
- Understand freight performance control techniques
Frequently Asked Questions
IoSCM recognise that many individuals do not do well in an exam environment, that’s why they have created the most flexible distance learning courses on the market. Students can chose to study and prepare assignments, use their professional experiences, submit approved prior learning or chose a combination of methods to achieve their Professional IoSCM Qualification without worrying about taking exams to complete the course.
As the leading provider of supply chain qualifications, IoSCM provide units of study covering all aspects of supply chain management. Recognising the need for Professional training in every sector of the Supply Chain, IoSCM have been designed to enable students to tailor their areas of study to support their individual development needs. Our expert Course Advisors are here to help you chose which IoSCM course is right for you and to assist you with selecting the perfect units of study to support your development goals.
Post nominals are a great way to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in your chosen field of study, IoSCM students can begin to use their Professional student post nominals when they commence their training. Upon completion of your course, you can choose to upgrade your post nominals to reflect your professional standing and achievements.
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Trainings professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE