Flexible Study Options
18 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this AAT course suitable for me?
Here at DLC Training, we offer an array of online accountancy courses and tools to help you secure your future. We’re dedicated to helping you make the best choices and taking that next step.
The Level 4 AAT Accounting course is a distance learning course that is fully flexible to your current commitments. With the support and guidance of DLC Training, you’ll explore higher accounting tasks that builds on your experience gained during the Level 3 accounting qualification. You’ll cover aspects such as drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing and credit management and cash and treasury management.
This advanced online AAT course and the processes you’ll learn will be a stepping stone to a Senior Finance role.
If you’re not sure whether the Level 4 AAT qualification is for you, speak to our highly-trained team. We’re here to talk you through any questions and clarify anything you’re not quite sure about. Get in touch on 0800 012 6770.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Understand the reporting frameworks and ethical principles that underpin financial reporting
- Understand key features of a published set of financial statements
- Draft statutory financial statements for a limited company
- Draft consolidated financial statements
- Interpret financial statements using ratio analysis
Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Prepare forecasts of income and expenditure
- Prepare budgets
- Demonstrate how budgeting can improve organisational performance
- Report budgetary information to management in a clear and appropriate format
Accounting Systems and Control
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the accounting function within an organisation
- Evaluate internal control systems
- Evaluate an organisation’s accounting system and underpinning procedures
- Analyse recommendations made to improve an organisation’s accounting system
Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Analyse a range of costing Techniques to support the management accounting function of an organisation
- Calculate and use the standard costing to improve performance
- Demonstrate a range of statistical techniques to analyse business information
- Use appropriate financial and non-financial performance techniques to aid decision making
- Evaluate a range of cost management techniques to enhance value and aid decision making
- Complete tax returns for sole traders and partnerships and prepare supporting tax computations
- Complete tax returns for limited companies and prepare supporting tax computations
- Provide advice on the UK tax regime and its impact on sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Advise business clients on tax reliefs, and their responsibilities and their agent’s responsibilities in reporting taxation to HM Revenue and Customs
- Prepare tax computations for the sale of capital assets
- Analyse the theories, principles and rules that underpin taxation systems
- Calculate a UK taxpayer’s total income
- Calculate income tax and National Insurance (NI) contributions payable by a UK taxpayer
- Account for capital gains tax
- Discuss the basics of inheritance tax
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing
- Demonstrate the importance of professional ethics
- Evaluate the audited entity’s system of internal control
- Evaluate audit procedures for obtaining audit evidence
- Evaluate the planning process
- Evaluate audit procedures
Cash and Treasury Management
- Use statistical techniques and financial information to prepare forecasts of income and expenditure
- Prepare cash budgets and monitor cash flows within the organisation
- Evaluate ways of raising finance in accordance with organisation requirements
- Evaluate ways of investing surplus funds within organisational policies
- Analyse relevant legislation and contract law impacting the credit control environment
- Critically analyse information from a variety of sources to assess credit risk and grant credit in compliance with organisational policies and procedures
- Critically evaluate credit control in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Present advice and recommendations to management on the credit control system
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Training’s professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE