Is this AAT course suitable for me?
DLC Training offers the online AAT Level 3 Course in Bookkeeping. This level of AAT qualification builds on the skills you developed when completing the Bookkeeping course at Level 2.
Aimed at experienced bookkeepers, this online course will help you understand and gain the ability to complete more complex accounting disciplines such as double entry bookkeeping, financial statements, intermediate spreadsheets and software use.
If you successfully complete this qualification, you can apply for AAT associate bookkeeping membership and achieve professional AAT Bookkeeper status (AATQB).
Alongside AAT’s excellent international reputation, DLC Training offer a support package like no other. It’s the reason why we’re the number one choice. Throughout your distance learning journey and your AAT qualification, we offer consistent and valuable guidance. You can contact your Course Advisor, Mentor or Tutor in a variety of methods. Whatever suits you. You’re our focus and your success is our mission.
The purpose of the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping is to ensure that students have the advanced bookkeeping skills necessary to work in a bookkeeping role or to progress to higher level accountancy. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to carry out advanced bookkeeping transactions and tasks in three mandatory units, assessed in three end-of-unit assessments:
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current issues
- Prepare and record depreciation calculations
- Record period end adjustments
- Produce and extend the trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately complete VAT returns and submit them in a timely manner
- Understand the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Report VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland