Is this AAT course suitable for me?
DLC Training offers the online AAT Level 3 Course in Accounting. This level of AAT qualification builds on the skills you developed when completing the Accounting course at Level 2. Students will focus on more complex accounting tasks, such as the formal preparation of accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, and cash management.
In this online course you will understand and gain the ability to complete more complex accounting disciplines including financial processes, Advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Our AAT Level 3 qualification is an excellent addition to your CV. Your relevent knowledge, skills and devotion to your professional development will make you a a highly sought after employee.
Alongside AAT’s excellent international reputation, DLC Training offers a support package like no other. It’s the reason why we’re the number one choice. Throughout your distance learning journey and your AAT qualification, we offer consistent and valuable guidance. You can contact your Course Advisor, Mentor or Tutor in a variety of methods. Whatever suits you. You are our focus and your success is our mission.
Learners need to complete all mandatory units listed and all exams to achieve this qualification.
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current issues
- Prepare and record depreciation calculations
- Record period end adjustments
- Produce and extend the trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately complete VAT returns and submit them in a timely manner
- Understand the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Report VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
Management Accounting: Costing
- Understand the purpose and use of management accounting within an organisation
- Apply techniques required for dealing with costs
- Apportion costs according to organisational requirements
- Analyse and review deviations from budget and report these to management
- Apply management accounting techniques to support decision making
Ethics for Accountants
- Understand the need to act ethically
- Understand the relevance to the accountant’s work of the ethical code for professional accounts
- Recognise how to act ethically in an accounting role
- Identify action to take in relation to unethical behavior or illegal acts
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland