Is this AAT course suitable for me?
DLC Training provides the Level 2 AAT Bookkeeping qualification to those in the finance and accountancy field who are looking to progress their career.
AAT Accountancy courses are internationally accredited and regarded by employees as a practical and technical certification of your ability. If you’re looking for that promotion or to take the next step in your organisation, enrol onto our online accountancy course.
DLC Training offers an entirely flexible way of studying that’s suits you, your ambitions and your current commitments. Not only do we tailor our accountancy qualifications around you, we offer an unrivalled support package. The whole team at DLC Training are committed to ensuring you are studying the most beneficial qualification for you and your career goals.
The Level 2 AAT qualification can help you reach the next step on the ladder. To find out more about how we can put you on the right path for success, give us a call on 0800 012 6770.
The purpose of the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping is to ensure that students have the solid bookkeeping skills necessary for most finance roles. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks in two mandatory units, assessed in two end-of-unit assessments:
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
- Understand the use of the journal
- Open a new set of double entry bookkeeping records using the journal
- Use the journal to correct errors disclosed and not disclosed by the trial balance
- Create and clear a suspense account using the journal
- Use the journal to record other transactions, such as irrecoverable debts, contras and payroll entries
- Understand key payment methods and the clearing system
- Understand the importance of document retention
- Understand and reconcile control accounts
- Prepare sales and purchase ledger and VAT control accounts
- Reconcile sales and purchase ledger control accounts
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland