Flexible Study Options
12 months of unbeatable support
Your success guaranteed
Is this AAT course suitable for me?
DLC Training provide the Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate qualification to those in the finance and accountancy field who are looking to progress their career.
AAT Accountancy courses are internationally accredited and regarded by employees as a practical and technical certification of your ability. If you’re looking for that promotion or to take the next step in your organisation, enrol onto our online accountancy course.
DLC Training offers an entirely flexible way of studying that’s suits you, your ambitions and your current commitments. Not only do we tailor our accountancy qualifications around you, we offer an unrivalled support package. The whole team at DLC Training are committed to ensuring you are studying the most beneficial qualification for you and your career goals.
The Level 2 AAT qualification can help you reach the next step on the ladder. To find out more about how we can put you on the right path for success, give us a call on 0800 012 6770.
Unrivalled support package
Fully flexible study options
First class study materials and resources
Structured, Constructive Tutor feedback
Fully Accredited Professional Qualifications
The purpose of the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting is to ensure that students have the solid bookkeeping skills necessary for most finance roles. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical transactions and tasks in two mandatory units, assessed in two end-of-unit assessments:
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
- Understand the use of the journal
- Open a new set of double entry bookkeeping records using the journal
- Use the journal to correct errors disclosed and not disclosed by the trial balance
- Create and clear a suspense account using the journal
- Use the journal to record other transactions, such as irrecoverable debts, contras and payroll entries
- Understand key payment methods and the clearing system
- Understand the importance of document retention
- Understand and reconcile control accounts
- Prepare sales and purchase ledger and VAT control accounts
- Reconcile sales and purchase ledger control accounts
Elements of Costing
- Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
- Use the cost recording techniques
- Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
Using Accounting Software
- Set up accounting software
- Process sales and purchases transactions
- Process bank and cash transactions
- Perform period end routine tasks
- Produce reports
Work Effectively in Finance
- Understand the role of the finance function
- Use Personal skills development in finance
- Produce work effectively
- Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR) ethics and sustainability
What our customers say
“Registering was easy. The induction call was informative and very helpful and the knowledge of the tutor is brilliant.“
– Viki Reid
“Found my experience to be friendly and insightful, coming away with the feeling that me succeeding is just as much their goal as my own.”
– Richard Trotman
“Support was readily available and very helpful, the feedback received from assignments, etc. was also very useful.”
– Kimberley Greenland
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure our courses are accessible to as many individuals as possible we provide a number of affordable payment options to our students. These options include payment in full, Interest free credit and Monthly instalments.
Talk to one of our course advisors to decide which payment option works best for your personal circumstances.
Here at DLC Training, we understand that once you have made the decision to study for a Professional Qualification you will be keen to begin your studies. That’s why we have made our enrolment process quick and easy.
As soon as you have completed your student enrolment you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find all of the resources, guidance and tips you need to succeed with your studies.
Our student success rates are outstanding and we believe this is due to our unrivalled support packages. Every student studying with DLC Training has unlimited 1-2-1 access to our Industry expert Tutors, as well as the complete support of a student mentor who is on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your distance learning journey.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of DLC Training’s professional training courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
We have partnered with the leading institutes to ensure we can support individuals working at every level of the career ladder to achieve their professional development aims. This means that we have progression routes available for all of our students. Why not talk to one of our expert course advisors to discuss the best route of progression for you?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE